Forum Home Forum Home > UK Alliance > FruitEy F0rum: 2005
  New Posts New Posts  Active Users Active Users  Un-Answered Topics Un-Answered Topics RSS Feed: CKY Gig UEA, Norwich
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

CKY Gig UEA, Norwich

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 14>
Author
C
C

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote chrisbray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CKY Gig UEA, Norwich
    Posted: 17 Mar 2004 at 18:53
A long set from the guys, but albeit with a sour twist at the end when chad used the microphone stand to attack an audience member giving him abuse, he then stormed off leaving the rest of the band to play the last two songs. The crowd was really up for it at first with a great reaction for 96QBT, The Human Drive In Hi-Fi and Escape from Hellview, but the band seemed disappointed that not many people in the audience knew many of the other songs. Deron seemed agitated that many younger members of the audience were only there to see the other margera, who was not. Before almost every song the band asked us which songs we wanted to hear and many people were screaming out their favourites only for the band to play a song no one was playing. The crowd perked up again for santa claus and flesh into gear but despite tireless enthuisiam from vern and a strong display from Deron, Chad started off the same but grew weary halfway through. The band didn't quite live up to the high expectation i had of them. I was disappointed they didn't play disengage the simulator or lost in a contraption. Despite all this though it was a great gig for the real CKY fans. 8/10
Mustoe View Drop Down
CKY
CKY

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mustoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2004 at 19:38
good review man. sounds like the crowd fucked the gig up a bit, but then it was at a uni, so a lot of peop[le will go who havent heard of cky before. dont take that performance as standard. try and get yourself down to london some time for a Cky show. whoever that kid was that got a mic stand in his face, he probably deserved it. Mustoe

www.aztecs.co.uk
Clairejamin View Drop Down
C
C

Post Options Post Options   Quote Clairejamin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2004 at 19:38
Strange that they didn't play Disengage The Simulator...they generally always play it. I take it there was no encore? Shame about all the Bamtards there...they really know how to ruin a show for real CKY fans + the band themselves.
Kieron View Drop Down
CKYU
CKYU

Post Options Post Options   Quote Kieron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2004 at 19:45
after hearing the review of this gig i will predict the crowd REALLY fucked up the show, cky were nothing but awesome at the two gigs i saw and the crowd really got into it. shame really cus there probly was a group of people who really wanted to see cky at their best but ended up at a venue where the crowd reaction couldnt promise this
CKY-NotJustATradeMark View Drop Down
C
C

Post Options Post Options   Quote CKY-NotJustATradeMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2004 at 19:53
Well while stupid twats where getting hit with mic stands (i LOVE you chad!!) one true fan was stuck outside after surfing in shipinsburg (dont drink and surf kids)...i think these gigs are ruind for fans of the BAND by stupid little shits whos only interest is 'when's bam gonna come out?' its apsolutly fucking rediculas about half of the people there were blaitantly just HIM or BAM fans and it really pisses me off...there gig at the forum in december was too much better then last night's....and they didnt play Rio Bravo... (plus people shouting for Brandon's freestyle rap etc...fuck why are they allowed to live...)
'Seriously the amount of Kretins at UK CKY gigs....FUCK its not a HIM gig...its not a BAM stage show to quote Eddie Vedder (Pearl Jam) 'this is a fucking rock concert not a fucking TV studio'
Clairejamin View Drop Down
C
C

Post Options Post Options   Quote Clairejamin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2004 at 20:01
God, this sounds like one of the worst shows ever!! Plus I think I can confidently say that that's probably the only show they've never played Rio Bravo at. I wrote the setlist down on my arm both at Birmingham & Wolverhampton and each time I put Rio Bravo down first before they had even come on...because they always play it! I'm glad you've been to a show other than this one though, it would really suck if that was the only one. I'm sure a lot of people are well peeved...poor buggers. I hope today's show is better. This would be a bad note for them to end the tour on.
Kieron View Drop Down
CKYU
CKYU

Post Options Post Options   Quote Kieron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2004 at 20:04
they will put it behind them because at the end of the day it was the crowd who ruined it, not the band
andycky View Drop Down
C
C

Post Options Post Options   Quote andycky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2004 at 20:17
haha, fuck. im glad i went to the astoria. mustoe! where you there (astoria) i think i was standing next to you?
[img]http://www.kstatecollegian.com/issues/v101/sp/n147/pix/cosby.jpg[/img]
Genious!
easter View Drop Down
C
C

Post Options Post Options   Quote easter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2004 at 20:33
quote:
Originally posted by Clairejamin
God, this sounds like one of the worst shows ever!!
this being my fourth CKY show i can assure you this wasn't one of the worst shows ever and i didn't see anything seriously wrong with the show. 'the crowd ruined it'? fuck off mate, it takes more than just a few Bam Margera lookalikes to ruin a gig for me. the only people who might have ruined it for some were the overly authortarian security staff who ordered anyone under 5ft5 to get out of the crowd and kicked crowd surfers out of the gig- then again, save crowd surfing for festivals because it's starting to fuck me off. it was a different show to the others I've seen and it made quite a nice change. They didn't open with Rio Bravo but played Inhuman Creation Station, which works as well as if not better than RB. They also played Sara's Mask, a track I'd never heard live and one that went down very well with the crowd. The audience was quite young and some, uninitiated in the ways of CKY for example when they played Promiscuous Daughter and Deron left the audience to sing 'What can be done with my!' I was the only person I could see in the main crowd who sang back. I really can't see what people are complaining about. My friend Rob and I built up an awesome pit during the intro to Escape From Hellview and the crowd loved CKY. 'To All Of You' was another great song played well with the classic Deron start and the rest join in. The band took a break towards the end and came back on to play GG Allin's 'Bite It You Scum', which might have got Chad a bit excited as the next thing I saw him doing was beating someone in audience with the microphone stand. Once he stormed off the band finished with 'Close Yet Far', maybe highlighting their need for rest and the end of the tour. I was suprised not to hear Disengage The Simulator but I also don't think they should have a setlist set in stone. In response to those that said 'this sounds like the worst show ever' and 'there gig at the forum in december was too much better then last night's' (who taught you English?) I completely disagree. The Forum concert was my first CKY gig and I was pretty disappointed because at that one the crowd almost did ruin it. In fact, at that concert at least 50% of the people came to see Bam & Co and they got what they wanted. I'll agree with chrisbray1 and give this show 8/10.
Lucy View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Lucy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2004 at 21:09
Whether this show was good or bad... I'm sure bands have some bad shows from time to time!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/joydiscoveryinvention
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 14>